
Has anyone else jumped on this wagon? A few months ago i reluctantly signed up just to see what all the hype was about. I figured who in the world would i know on there except my daughter and her friends? Well, was i in for a surprise. I re-connected with people i went to school with and cousins that i haven't seen in at least 15 years or better!
What totally amazes me is how small my state really is. ( I live in RI and you know how small that state is! ) I have come to find out that some one my husband works with is best friends with one of my cousins, a girl i went to high school with works with another of my cousins, my cousin Tom is in the same national guard unit as my husbands niece. The more people i connect with the more i find how many of them are connected thru family or work. Amazing.
Now i can't keep off the site....i must be on it at least 5 times a day checking mail and catching up with everyone. I thought Myspace was bad..well ok it is...i'm addicted to Mafia Wars. Rachel got me started playing Mobsters and it took off from there! lol
I have also discovered Stumble.com...WAY cool site. What it is...is a website that you tell what you like...ie...crafting, cooking, whatever. You hit the button on your toolbar and it stumbles onto sites according to your preferences. I have found some of the coolest sites with this. I have found lots of cooking/food journals here on blogger and some really cool craft and jewelry sites. Check out the blogs i am following to see what i am talking about.
So anywho....i have been actually doing stuff that doesn't require the computer!
Besides my Facebook addiction..i have been keeping myself busy with different things around the house. I re-arranged my living room and computer room. The flow is much better with the new arrangements. I have almost completed my filing project, but i know something will come up and throw me off track. Murphys Law.
I've also been helping my sister with her place and have also helped her by taking to my vet to get two of her cats neutered. Now there is NO chance of anymore kitties! Of the two boys i love Dale. He is the most laid back and loving friendly cats i know. If i could get another cat i would take him. Just don't tell my sister...he's one of her favorites too! Thomas is ok...and Dales daddy but is not as friendly as Dale.
Megan lost her two front bottom teeth in March. (sniff) My little one is not little anymore...as she puts it she's almost a first grader now...i guess that means she is getting to be more of a big girl. Never mind the fact that she is still a kindergartner until June!
Megan had her first boat ride back in March. My husband, Megan, Tammie and i went to Long Island for the day to go shopping at Tanger Outlets. I recommend it if you are in the area. We took the ferry from New London, CT...to Long Island. New London is only 40 or so minuets from where i live. The ferry ride was about an hour and 20mins. Then once we got on the island it was about an hour drive from the ferry to Riverhead where the outlet is. Long Island is a beautiful place to drive thru. The little quaint towns we went through reminded me of Martha's Vineyard. I am definitely going back for another day of shopping!!
We also had a chance to meet a celebrity at our local library. Megan and i met Brian Harnois from Ghost Hunters. Now that he has retired from the show...he gives talks on the paranormal and ghost hunting in general. He was very cool and down to earth. He signed autographs and took pictures with anyone who wanted to.

So this has been my life thus far since i last posted. I do read everyone else and try to keep up..i may not always comment but i do read. Just know that if your blog is in my reading list that you are definitely one of my favorite reads..and i have many!
Well this all for now...i will update more later on..promise. I will have no excuse next week as we are leaving for our annual May vacation to NH. And yes the computer is coming with me. lol
Later all...



2 comments:
Oh dear, I just found your blog again after losing it only to find that you have not posted in ages. I do hope that you come back.
P.S. I tried Facebook for a couple of months but it drove me nuts, far too much sending stuff and too much email. I now use Twitter which is much quieter.
Post a Comment