While we were in Best Buy in Ft. Myers buying my husband his new camera, a very friendly and very knowledgeable sales person named Jared told us of some fabulous places to go and take pictures of native wildlife. He recommended J.N. "Ding" Darling National Wildlife Refuge.
So we looked it up and were off the next day to check it out.
http://www.fws.gov/dingdarling/VisitorInformation.html
A pelican diving after a fish.
If look very carefully you can see 3 big pink and white birds in the middle of the trees.
These are the pictures i took with my camera. The ones my husband took with his new camera are WAY better as he had the telephoto lens with his! LOL
We spend a couple of hours there taking pictures and seeing lots of birds and fish and such. Very cool place to go and we are definitely going back again next year.



4 comments:
I love seeing some of the different bird species in Florida. We love watching the pelicans dive, too!
Great pics!
I love bird watching! Mr. AF and I did a little bit of that in Texas this past week. I need a better camera though!
Post a Comment